PIP2 INVESTIGATOR (EXETER, PLYMOUTH AND CORNWALL)30th July 2021
We are currently recruiting PiP2 Investigators based in Various locations to cover Exeter, Plymouth and Cornwall (Exeter, Ashburton, Plymouth, Camborne & Bodmin).
Grade: 7 – £15.95
Hours: Part time hours negotiable dependent on individuals availability
Duration: For an initial period of 3 months to cover demand
The police staff investigators role PIP 2 involves investigating serious and complex crimes, dealing with victims, offenders and witnesses for Level 1 and Level 2 crimes. This may include domestic abuse, child abuse, vulnerable adult, missing, acquisitive crime, serious offences, enabled cyber and dependant cyber cases.
Agency Police Staff Investigators can complete the following investigative tasks (designated powers not required):
• act as the Officer in Charge of an investigation (OIC) and complete the prosecution file,
• interview victims and witnesses and prepare witness statements,
• house to house enquiries,
• CCTV trawl/enquiries,
• take possession of exhibits produced by a witness,
• interview suspects on a voluntary attender basis,
• interview suspects in custody as a second interviewer in company with a Police Officer or Police Staff Investigator who is a permanent staff member,
• initiate a prosecution by causing a summons to be laid in a Magistrates’ Court pursuant to Section 1 of the Magistrates’ Court Act 1980
• institute criminal proceedings pursuant to Section 29 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 by producing a written charge and requisition,
• other investigative tasks which do not require a police power.
• PIP Level 2 Accreditation – either a PIP Level 2 Investigator, Supervisor of Manager accreditation.
• Full UK Driving licence, unless prevented by reason of disability
• Demonstrate potential to undertake more complex aspects of the investigative process to meet PIP Level 2 standard.
• A detailed understanding of the criminal justice system.
• A meticulous and thorough approach to undertaking tasks
• Proven ability to deliver to tight timescales.
• Proven experience of interviewing suspects
Apply online or contact Lloyd Bailey at Peel Solutions for more information.