ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (SOMERSET)25th January 2019
We are currently recruiting an Enforcement Officer based in Somerset. 37 hours per week on a fixed 4-day rota shift pattern.
To work as part of a busy team investigating environmental crime, tackling issues that contribute to nuisance, anti-social behaviour, the environment or that threaten public safety; to report on breaches in line with current legislation.
To provide a proactive service supporting the wider community to deliver assurance.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of legislation relating to the role, best practice and policies.
• Knowledge of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 in particular.
• Implementing enforcement procedures, including PACE, RIPA, CPIA and the Human Rights Act 1998.
• Gathering, evaluating and weighting evidence and enforcing legislation.
• Complaints investigation (extensive knowledge and experience required).
• Discussing and explaining all aspects of enforcement complaints with a wide variety of individuals and representative bodies.
• Handling difficult negotiations with firmness and tact.
• Managing the logistics associated with a parliamentary election, district election and referendum (extensive knowledge and experience required).
• Team working.
• Previous experience working in an enforcement environment would be advantageous.
Skills & Abilities:
• Carrying out a tape-recorded interview, under caution.
• Presenting evidence to court or committee
• Manage own workload
• Good public manner and skills in dealing with people
• Excellent written and communication skills – the ability to write clear, concise and focussed reports.
• Tact, diplomacy, empathy and firmness when required.
• Intermediate IT skills (including Microsoft Office).
• Diligence and accuracy in recording time, actions taken and information given.
• Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, members and partner organisations.
• Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, including English and Maths.
• Management qualification such as level 3 Certificate in Management (desirable)
Apply online or contact Lloyd at Peel Solutions for more information.