Group MLRO3rd May 2022
We are currently recruiting a Group MLRO based in Guernsey, Malta, or UK.
£80k per year.
A company “working from home” model is in place for most back-office employees,
Accommodation could be made for the Group MLRO to join the Malta office.
The UK office is based in Liverpool.
Guernsey candidates will benefit for a flat 20% income tax rate.
The main duties, and responsibilities of the Group MLRO will include, but are not limited to:
• Perform the Group MLRO role independently, whilst maintaining stakeholder relationships.
• Registering with the FIAU as the MLRO for Malta and as a Key Person with the MGA (AML/CFT).
• Being responsible for designing and carrying out AML/CTF risk assessments across the Group.
• On the back of those risk assessments, reviewing and assessing the current AML/CTF policies, procedures, and controls in place across the Group and revising and updating the same as necessary to ensure their effectiveness (such reviews to be undertaken at regular intervals).
• Define remediation workflows and monitor the same.
• Ultimate responsibility for AML/CTF screening.
• Determine how to deal with the reported customer transaction post reporting, including, whether to obtain consent prior to dealing with customer funds/transactions.
• Ultimate responsibility for the Group’s Suspicious Activity Report processes (including liaison with the relevant FIUs).
• Responsible for dealing with the regulatory and law enforcement bodies in reference to suspicious transaction reports submitted externally to the relevant FIU.
• Being an integral part of liaison with regulators, other relevant authorities and third parties (including the Group’s banks) in relation to AML/CTF and other related matters.
• Monitoring and reviewing all AML/CTF changes to UK, EU and national laws that affect the Group’s business and updating policies, procedures, and controls accordingly.
• Being responsible for assessing and meeting all AML/CTF training needs of the relevant employees of the Group (preparing and delivering training as appropriate).
• Liaising seamlessly with country managers, country MLROs and key stakeholders in the Group in relation to the above (in particular with respect to the Group’s largest business in Italy, which comes under the responsibility of the Group MLRO).
• Working with external lawyers (whose input will be crucial) in relation to the delivery of the above.
• Preparing regular reports on AML/CTF compliance and risks for the Group Board.
• Being the ultimate adviser to the Group on complex AML/CTF questions.
• Reviewing, monitoring, and managing the AML/CTF Group function.
• Being responsible for managing and delivering KYC AML/CTF due diligence on relevant external third parties in accordance with defined procedures.
• Ensuring Group compliance with all data retention periods for retained AML/CTF data.
• Have at least 7 years’ experience of working in AML/CTF and specifically experience as an MLRO (or as a very experienced deputy MLRO) – within a gambling business and/or an international business would be a clear advantage but is not expected as a pre-requisite.
• Hold a degree level qualification and hold, or be working towards, a widely recognised AML/CTF compliance qualification (e.g., ICA Int. Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance).
• Be driven proactive self-starters who are passionate about AML/CTF compliance and driving any required change across the Group.
• Have first class communication skills (in English – knowledge of Italian (as the Group’s largest market) would also be advantageous), and be able to distil complex and sometimes cumbersome regulations into understandable English.
• Be easy to work with, personable and enjoy working in a fun and dynamic owner-managed international business.
• Be prepared to travel across Europe from time to time as business needs dictate.
Apply online or contact Dylan Cooper on 01925 377 878 for more information. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.