Programme Manager (London)16th May 2022
We are currently recruiting a Programme Manager based in London.
Manage delivery and support commissioning intentions within the Police & Crime Plan. Ensure the delivery of commitments on crime reduction, reducing reoffending and prevention working with communities and citizens as well community safety and criminal justice partner agencies to achieve MOPAC priorities.
- Ensure the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime can effectively hold the Commissioner of the MPS and criminal justice delivery agencies across London to account via the collation and upward reporting of effective community / local intelligence, considered policy analysis and evidence-based challenge.
- Manage the establishment and maintenance of Safer Neighbourhood Boards in identified London Boroughs, giving local Londoners and victims a greater voice.
Deliver programmes of work to deliver Mayoral commitments as set out in the Police and Crime Plan. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Mayor’s Action Plan for Transparency, Accountability and Trust in Policing
- Active citizenship and public engagement
- Independent Custody Visiting
- Stop and Search Community Monitoring
- Develop and analyse key policy issues in relation to active citizenship and public engagement, policing and community safety, advising the Mayor and Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime as appropriate.
- Develop, administer and monitor MOPAC’s commissioning arrangements to ensure that the application of MOPAC funds effectively support the delivery of the police and crime plan.
- Work effectively with communities, stakeholders and partners across London to achieve MOPAC priorities.
- Manage effective custody oversight and identify areas for improvement by the MPS and MOPAC
- Produce, publish and deliver relevant Mayoral strategies, as set out in Police and Crime Plan. Contribute to MOPAC’s oversight of critical community issues, e.g. stop and search and hate crime
- Support matrix management arrangements as appropriate working to deliver a range of programmes and services whilst supporting work on priority policy issues.
- Help ensure that the Mayor, Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime and MOPAC fulfil their legal and audit related obligations, are statutorily compliant and respond efficiently and effectively to relevant London Assembly committees and sub-committees.
- Produce briefings and respond to correspondence in identified priority policy areas in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the effective management of the organisation and the development of a delivery culture which enables MOPAC to improve, innovate and effectively deliver the Mayor and Deputy Mayor’s commitments
Apply online or contact Lucia De Felice 07425757587 for more information.