POLICE STAFF CRIME SUPPORT OFFICER (North Yorkshire)16th May 2022
We are currently recruiting Police Staff Crime Support Officers.
Roles available in York, Scarborough, Harrogate or Northallerton.
As part of your day to day job, you will be responsible, among other things for taking witness statements, making third party material requests along with contacting victims and witnesses. Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the below:
• Phone reviewing from downloads.
• CCTV (designated powers – if you wear a tabard), review, collection.
• Specialist witness interview/ Specialist suspect interview (second chair or leading) – will provide summary or notes- for MG 15 for review by OIC.
• 999 and DEMS reviews and summaries.
• Review intelligence, occurrences, CSH records for relevance for disclosure.
• RUI – 4 step investigative update (Victim contact/witness contact) and VCA compliance.
• Exhibits officer.
• Forensic/ DFU submission.
• Provide investigative support to PIP 1 response officers (if you hold the requisite skills)
• Ensure PPN‘s are completed and updated if applicable.
The essential skills, experience and qualifications for this role are as follows:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
• Excellent planning skills
• Excellent IT skills and a good working knowledge of MS Suites.
• Experience of working as part of a successful team
Although not essential, Experience of working in a police or law enforcement environment and holding PIP2 or PIP1 accreditation (current or historic) are desirable.
Apply online or contact Lucia De Felice on 01925 377 878 for more information.