LEAD INVESTIGATORS (WARRINGTON)19th January 2019
We are currently recruiting Lead Investigators in the Warrington area.
£31,000 per year.
Unfortunately, applicants cannot have worked for Merseyside, South Yorkshire or West Midlands Police forces or have been a member of the Masonic Society.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leading independent investigations including criminal and misconduct allegations in accordance with agreed guidelines.
• Conduct investigations within agreed timescales, budget and quality standards.
• Draft and agree Terms of Reference for allocated investigations
• Undertaking investigative actions, including interviewing and taking statements, preparing case files and making recommendations for criminal and/or disciplinary action.
• Taking part in criminal, misconduct and inquest proceedings where necessary.
• Reporting to your Deputy Senior Investigator on investigation progress, areas of risk and resourcing requirements.
• Participating in the 24 hour on call facility and being prepared to work unsociable and extended hours.
• Visiting incident scenes and supervising scene management where required to ensure that all necessary action is taken to preserve and recover evidence.
• Attend post-mortems and brief the pathologist as required.
• Write investigation reports upon completion of the investigation for submission to the Commissioner.
• Communicating effectively with complainants, bereaved families and other internal and external stakeholders.
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team with Commissioners, Legal and News teams
• Taking responsibility for personal development and achieving accreditation.
• Assist the Directorate in achieving its key deliverables.
• Essential: Good general education [minimum two A-levels or equivalent]
• Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in England & Wales
• Desirable: Educated to degree level, minimum 2.2 (or equivalent)
• In leading investigations in the public, private sector or third sector within the last three years
• In conducting investigative interviews, evidence gathering, analysis and presentation.
• In making effective decisions based on analysis of existing and emerging information.
• Evidence of effective oral and written communication skills including report writing.
• Experience of engaging effectively with a diverse range of individuals and stakeholders
• Delivering a high standard of work within demanding timescales
• Identification of operational and organisational risk
• Working effectively in a changing environment.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to show initiative and adapt to a changing environment
• Ability to recognise the development needs of yourself and be proactive in addressing them.
• Ability to prioritise and manage tasks effectively to deliver quality outcomes within demanding timescales.
• Ability to work effectively in a team with diverse ideas and people.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and adapt communication styles as appropriate.
• Ability to analyse complex information, identify the key issues and make effective decisions.
• Demonstrates the confidence and ability to cope with challenging situations.
• Ability to identify and respond to the diverse needs of individual and stakeholder groups.
Apply online or contact us for more information on 0843 4559 999.