HYDRA TECHNICIAN/FACILITATOR (STEVENAGE)19th January 2019
We are currently recruiting a Hydra Technician/Facilitator in Stevenage on a 6-month contract.
Your role will be to scope, design, build and deliver bespoke simulated exercises in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts (SME’S) in order to deliver high-quality immersive learning events and exercises that re-create ‘real-life’ scenarios for the management of, and effective response to incidents.
We require an ex Police employee who is not afraid of technology/is computer literate will be needed. You will need a good knowledge/understanding of the force.
• Research emerging technologies and methodologies that impact upon the existing in order to ensure the training reflects current methodology, practice and procedures in Police forces and other agencies, and make recommendations to manager for new investments
• Work with organisational sponsors, Subject matter experts and Technology in learning team leader, to define and understand training needs and requirements from which to subsequently develop effective immersion-based training exercises.
• Design and produce storyboards, scenario-maps, filming-schedules and scripts etc required in the effective development and building of immersive learning exercises.
• Ensure current operational and investigative techniques, legislation, policies and procedures are replicated within immersive learning design and delivery of exercises to make them as realistic as possible
• Deliver and facilitate the running of immersive learning exercises at an Operational and Tactical level in order to improve the performance of Operational staff in decision making, risk, managing and handling critical incidents, major events/disasters, and serious crimes.
• Provide training, technical guidance and advice (both on-site and remotely) in Hydra/Minerva operating systems and the Immersive Learning concept to users operating systems on external sites.
• Operate, install and maintain Hydra/Minerva systems and computer-based resources and networks, on existing sites.
• Provide professional administrative support as required to ensure the effective and timely delivery of immersive learning events
• Level 3 Training Qualification or relevant training design and development experience
• Ability to facilitate people of all ranks inside and outside the Police Service IT skills
• Strong competence in MS Office products and other presentation programmes * products to be confirmed
• Ability to identify, analyse and rectify simple computer hardware faults, software faults, network problems and printer problems
• Ability to use equipment and software for audio and video editing to produce professional results
If you fit the criteria please apply online or contact Rachael at Peel Solutions for more information.