ENQUIRY OFFICER (MARTLESHAM, SUFFOLK)22nd September 2021
We are currently recruiting an Enquiry Officer based in Martlesham, Suffolk on a temporary ongoing contract.
Hours: 37 per week
Purpose of the role
To conduct enquiries into serious crime as directed by the Senior Investigating Officer or otherwise support major investigations through exhibit handling or evaluation of material for disclosure.
• To undertake allocated tasks identified as being necessary in support of a criminal investigation/case building e.g. interviewing and taking concise evidential accounts of evidence from victims and witnesses, house to house enquiries, acting as Exhibits Officer, attending Home Office Post Mortems in the role of Exhibits Officer, property related enquiries and the taking forensic samples for examination purposes. It should be emphasised that this is not an exhaustive list of tasks.
• To liaise with other police forces and outside agencies, e.g. Forensic Science Service and the public in relation to the gathering of evidence.
• To secure and preserve the continuity of evidence and exhibits. To ensure that evidence is gathered in accordance with the provisions of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and Force procedures.
• To ensure that all relevant unused material is identified and recorded in accordance with provisions of the Criminal Procedures Investigation Act.
• To actively seek intelligence through interview technique and personal observation.
• To make accurate and timely submissions of actionable intelligence via the forces intelligence systems.
• As required attend court and give evidence in relation to those aspects of any investigation which are within the post holder’s personal knowledge or in which the post holder has had any involvement during the investigation process.
• To be responsible for personal self-development by ensuring that an up to date knowledge is maintained of law and procedures in relation to major crime investigation.
• To be aware of the Forces Policies on Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Data Protection and to comply with the legislation and the standards of ‘good practice’.
• Investigations into serious crimes or incidents
• Providing a professional and experienced investigation ability to the team
• Proactive crime investigation
• Reactive crime investigation
• Liaising with other forces and external agencies
• Any other duties that are commensurate with the role and grade as may be requested by management.
Apply online or contact Dylan at Peel Solutions for more information.