CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER (YORK)16th January 2019
We are currently recruiting a Customer service officer in York on a 3 month contract.
27.5 hours per week – shift pattern. £8.68 per hour
To receive enquiries from, and give advice to, members of the public either by telephone, in person or in writing, ensuring that they are dealt with in a courteous and efficient manner and that a high-quality service is provided.
To undertake a number of Front Counter duties associated with, but not limited to:
• Lost and found property reports
• Firearms and weapons surrender
• Driving document productions
• Seized vehicle releases
• Issuing of cautions
• Fixed penalty notices
• Data Protection requests
• Bail appointments
• Orders (including registered sex offenders, football banning)
• Overseas Visitor registrations
And, to provide administrative support to the force, including, but not limited to:
• Warrant card production and management of associated access and systems
• Financial matters such as banking and issuing petty cash
• Travel and Accommodation bookings
• Hospitality requests
• Ringmaster circulations and customer database administration
• Accessing and responding to operational voicemails
• Provision of general administration, statistical reports and action management for local partnership meetings
To manage visitors to the station, ensuring that relevant security checks are done and that only authorised personnel are permitted access.
To manage contractors at stations, ensuring that only authorised and vetted personnel are given access and that the appropriate paperwork is accurately completed, and relevant departments notified.
Essential skills and experience:
Well-developed communication skills, demonstrable both verbally and in writing.
Previous experience of using Microsoft Office packages such as excel, word and outlook.
Good attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
Experience of working in a customer service environment is desirable but not essential.
Apply online or contact Rachael at Peel Solutions for more information.